Good Stand Alone OVAs.

Leggy

Veteran Member
Elite Member
Oct 17, 2012
I was looking through the Movies & OVAs section the other day, and came across "Kyou no Asuka Show." It was really funny!

Since it's not attached to any particular series, finding it was an accident. Now, I'm wondering what other good OVAs are out there.

I'm thinking of stand alone OVAs, that aren't attached to a series, or OVAs that don't require watching a series to understand the context.

Any suggestions?

Only OVAs or also movies? What's the length limit here? ;)

Also, Rin: Mnemosyne.

[MENTION=4]corocoro[/MENTION]; Good question! I forgot about movies!

No particular time length. Movie wise, I've seen Memories, and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. Both are very good!

Original and high-quarity....
How about those animations?

Aim for the Top! Gunbuster
KEY THE METAL IDOL
Megazone 23 (Part 1 and Part 2)
Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise

OVAs & Movies, try this:

- Ani*kuri15
- Digital Juice
- Hoshi no Koe
- Hotarubi no Mori e
- Je T'Aime
- Karigurashi no Arrietty

Give them a shot, those are nice shows.

Some interesting OVAs mentioned, so far.

[MENTION=2736]WsE[/MENTION]; On your recommendation, I watched Cencoroll. A very intriguing story! There's clearly room for more to this movie!

[MENTION=4]corocoro[/MENTION]; Rin: Mnemosyne was an excellent series! A powerful series of stories entwined about the immortal Rin, the viewer gets only clues about the big picture until the end! Very well told and executed, with great artwork!

Thanks for the recommendation! A must see show!

You may also want to check out Kara no Kyoukai (The Garden of Sinners).

I don't know if this counts, but since you mentioned movies, there are seven under this title (about one hour each).

Golden Boy
Video Girl AI
I''s Pure
Guardian Hearts
Summer Wars (Since you've mentioned The Girl Who Leapt Through Time)

Im also adding Carnival Phantasm and Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari even though they're probably not standalone shows. But for me these two are doing their own thing without much need to knows what the previoys works are based on. I watched both of these without watching the original shows (Except for Fate/Stay)

Also, Rin: Mnemosyne.
Not so good like it could be
Too many ecchi, too little time in script for "tree", horror side and mind fck
imho

I reccomend

AIKa (Agent Aika, first ova - good story+action+ecchi, other two ova's - good action+ecchi)
Cosplay Complex - good fun
Kikoushi Enma (four parts ova, independents on (or "of" - i don't know how is right) TV series) - one of best horrors what i saw ever

My suggestions:

- King of Thorn (Movie)
- Mardock Scramble (2 Movies)
- Ichi the killer (ova)

I would recommend
"From Up on Poppy Hill",
"Tonari no Totoro",
"Kiki's Delivery Services",
"Arriety",
gee, there are lots !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。