japespszx

Maou
Elite Member
Apr 19, 2012
Which anime series in Fate do I watch first? Fate/Stay Night or Fate/zero? I know that Fate/zero is the prequel of Fate/stay Night but I'm worried that it might flash some scenes in Fate/stay Night. (<- just a premonition.)

So... whaddya guys think? :confused:

Well... fate/stay night came out first so i would assume that you watch it first :/ There are some random flashbacks to the war before but its intentional and everything i assume~ Havent watched fate/zero yet myself...

Eh. Sorry for not being clear. I mean does Fate/zero give some flashes/insight to the future? (Well, since Fate/stay night aired already, I figured Fate/zero might go to Fate/stay night scenes in the future and go back again to F/zero. I mean it's like unraveling mysteries or making references.)

It would be odd (to me) if they made too many premonitions of the future, but as you said, fate/stay night has already aired so it may happen :/ I cant really say much more as i havent watched fate/zero yet...

Watch Fate/Stay Night. There will be mentions of what happened 10 years ago (Fate/Zero), and why a few things came to be, but it doesn't ruin anything.

Reactions: japespszx
So... [MENTION=2736]WsE[/MENTION] , should I watch Fate/zero first since it's events happened first?

[MENTION=25939]japespszx[/MENTION]

It really does not matter. Its down to personal preference. Chronologically, F/SN was written first by Type-Moon (TM), thenafter they collaborated with Nitro+, Urobochi Gen then penned the F/Z series. F/Z events took place before F/Z.

F/SN has certain short flashbacks the current F/Z details and history, but thats just that. It does not make any too much of a difference.

My suggestion:
Go for F/SN first.

Why?:
F/Z has overwhelmed the original F/SN by far. F/SN wasnt a slouch, but F/Z is too good to compare with currently. The older F/SN was animated way back by a 'poorer' company in DEEN, but I wouldnt say it was a bad job. Like WsE said, watching F/SN first does not ruin anything in F/Z. I would say you will regret more if you went for F/Z first.

If you really want to do it properly, you can ignore Fate/Stay Night entirely and read the visual novel. This way you get the entirety of the story and its branches. Fate (featuring Saber as main heroine), Unlimited Blade Works (featuring Tohsaka Rin as main heroine) and Heaven's Feel (featuring Sakura as main heroine).

There is also the movie Unlimited Blade Works, which is one of the routes. The Fate/Stay Night anime doesn't stay entirely true to the visual novel, and neither does the Unlimited Blade Works movie, but they provide enough information and story.

I really, really recommend reading the visual novel. But that is up to you.

[MENTION=2736]WsE[/MENTION] I was actually thinking of really reading its VN first but I'm too lazy to download and read right now. TAT
Besides, I still have Little Busters!, Kanon, and Clannad to read (stupid Air doesn't have full patch yet). But oh well, I guess my decision's changed... I'mma read it first before I watch it. :D

Thanks to all for replying! :)

Watch Fate Stay Night first, Most of the characters have no idea what happened in the previous war

And though I'm in the minority I didn't really think Fate Stay Night was all that bad just that it

didn't measure up to the visual novel

*sighs* I wish they had a season of the Heaven's feel route

Shirou really goes epic in that one

ive seen both
i would recommend watching fate stay night first then watch fate zero because thats the way order in which they were made and i think you would have a bttr image of the plot that way =)

Well, you know what i'm thinking? I think if you read the VN and then you wont be attracted by the animation of F/SN...
HF line may contain too much violence for animation maybe...The movie of UBL is too short(i think)...
F/Z is a great work...But i wonder if you can accept the world of fate so quick in order to enjoy the story...
So i suggest:F/SN>VN of F/SN>F/Z>novel of F/Z
So long F/Z is still on. So it's not neccesary to be so hurried.
Hope you enjoy it!

Fate/Stay Night. Though Zero is a prequel, if you watch Zero first you might not want to watch Stay Night since the anime was poorly adapted. I'd recommend watching Fate/Stay Night (anime series), then the movie Unlimited Blade and Fate/Zero after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02
tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks