corocoro

I Am Admin, Hear Me Roar!
Admin
Oct 16, 2010
Educational and funny, want more could one want? Well, apart from more female appearances. ;)

They finished their first manuscript already - they sure are moving fast. :eek:
It also sounds like double dating will soon happen. :p

And the poor mother always looses arguments. :p

sorta miss this thread. Shows how hard to draw manga and planning scripts. i appreciate my manga collection now.

dragon fusion part has me laughing hard. new possible pairing. Kaya looks like bugs bunny for me. I am kinda worried they wont reach till their manga is animated.

Solid episode

Just as expected, they are still newbies at creating manga so problems still exist. Takagi's detailed script suit more for a light novel rather than a manga whereas moritaka's art is too detailed. The editor, hattori do admit their potentials and talents. Moritaka is quite calm compare to takagi and also shows some of his skill. Preview, drama ensues?

So far this is definitely my favorite series of Fall 2010. I started reading the manga after watching the first few episodes. After reading some of the manga and then watching the newest episode I have to say I'm impressed with how well they animated it.

yeah, but its trailing off manga in terms of co. name? JACK? lol stick wif jump please

That might have to do with licensing reasons - not being allowed to mention a copyrighted name on national TV and so on...

Somehow their manga is bleh. :P
Anyway, seems like they found a good editor already. ^^ At the pace they're moving they'll need at least 26, if not 52, episodes to get to marriage. ^^

The anime so far seems decent, Other than the name change, it doesnt seem to be going on an entirely different track from the manga.

I like the manga quite alot, and usually I avoid reading and watching the same manga/anime.

Like I read one piece, but I usually don't watch the anime. (Well thats a bad example since a still do watch one piece)
But you get the point.

Can't wait for the manga to release every single week...

Pitter-patter, it slowly moves along. A bit of light romance, but nothing else - unless they start hurrying up they will indeed need a 52 episode anime to even make it to their first publication. :P
They're also going to go toe-to-toe with that genius kid soon - should be interesting. ^^

Last edited:
Meeeeeeelooooodraaaamaaaaa~

Still so slow. Some romance development and melodrama. LOL at how he get her e-mail address. Somehow by asking a single question about if she wanted to wait for their dreams to come true, he gets in return a flood of tears – and her e-mail address. So random. Personally , i didnt like the romance aspect much since it felt forced and shallow. The manga making parts is more interesting. Nijuma Eiji looks to be a very interesting character. Is he going to end Naruto and Bleach ?XD

Obviously he is going to end their first successful series - after all, you need an antagonist. :P

They certainly turned up the pace - they finished their entry for the award in the A half already!
Of course, after that it turned to slowly moving along, with a crisis of confidence in the brewing. It seems we're also getting another (female) character to join the cast, but details are yet to come. ^^

Last edited:
Episode 8

A solid episode.... but nothing much to say. Some development between the duos. All what coro said.

Slowly running out of things to say with the slow pacing >_>. Am i the only 1?

Some romantic developments for both leads. Takagi is lucky to have 2 girls fighting for him. Miyoshi looks like bugs bunny lol. Next episode looks like going back to manga stuffs which is much more interesting. I still enjoy the characters' antics.

Last edited:
Moritaka is being emo during the first half, until his grandfather builds him up with some inspiring words. Meanwhile Tagaki is at home, suspended and thinking up names.
Second half is Moritaka visiting Tagaki at home to talk about names - Iwase and Miyoshi already being there and hating each other silently. :P Tagaki turns out to be the complete player and unwittingly tries the harem route. It of course fails, but he ends up with Miyoshi, because she supports him being a Mangaka. Additionally, Miyoshi makes pretty clear who of the two is wearing the pants.
It also turns out that Miho has an imouto and a cougar mother. :P

Last edited:
Better episode~

This episode focus on manga making again so its better. Hattori turns out to be a very caring and good editor. “Money and Intelligence Make the World go Round” looks like a very interesting manga. I grown to like Kaya a bit more but she still looks like bugs bunny LOL. They are still teasing us on Nizuma.

Going off of next week’s episode title, it looks like it’s the month of love and chocolate! Plus it looks like we’ll see some more of Nizuma and his crazy animal sounds.

More manga! We get a small glimpse in the editorial department and the grading process for contests. Moritaka also gets told that his art is okay, so that emo route is closed now. :P
The get to meet the Editor-in-Chief of Jack, who's been the editor of Moritaka's uncle back then. After some talk back and forth they also advanced another level - they're now allowed to bring in Names.
Then they get smashed by being told that they're not suited for Jack - they're incapable of drawing mainstream.
Of course that can't be the end - so Hattori pulls an all-nighter to figure out how to get out of that predicament. The solution: they'll draw a cult manga, that most people won't like. Love it or leave it, that's the kind of guys they are. ;)

Niizuma sure likes crows. What he doesn't like seems to be cleaning, getting along with his neighbours, crowded places, Tokyo trains or turning the volume down. It also seems like he has a case of hypergraphia, albeit a mild one (at least he uses paper).
We also get to see more of the creative process of Moritaka and Takagi: Takagi has a bit of writer's block and during conversation with Moritaka it gets resolved. This talk also adds many new aspects to their story: People only allowed to buy from the original owner, some people opposed to selling to people they know or to buying, and paying people to look into your head.
There's also some more romance development. Well, the relationship between Miyoshi and Takagi is fun - what with him being super-awkward and her being aggressive. The romance between Moritaka and Miho on the other hand is just awkward. While the second pair is suffering from separation anxiety during the winter break the first one has a date. The date itself is on a Christmas market and feels like mostly filler, until Takagi analyses his friends relationship.
The B half is mostly about drawing manga in accelerated time, skipping a few months until their Name is complete. Hattori has a few corrections, but then it's good to go. They do have to wait two weeks for the final decision though. Here the anime actually manages to raise the tension unto unprecedented heights until the decision is finally revealed: They get published. In an added twist it's not because they're exceptionally good, but because the editors want to make Niizuma look better. With that revealed they get an order from Hattori - be better than Niizuma.
On the school/relationship front they all get accepted to that new school and Takagi and Miyoshi are once more presented as a weird couple. Valentines day comes and go, with both guys getting presents they like.

Better episode~

Nizuma just remind of L in death note. Oh wait the author of Bakuman is also author of Death note =P.

With Shounen NEXT’s deadline coming up, a lot of this episode was focused on getting the name finished in time. Having the entire process span over the entire episode, it was interesting watching a name go from draft to finish. While the story of Money and Intelligence is interesting by itself, I found it much more interesting watching Mashiro and Takagi discuss the finer details of the plot.

I like the relationship between Kaya and Takagi whereas the romance between Mashiro and Azuki just feel awkward and weird. Things pick up at the end with them finally got past the judges, the next hurdle looks like it will be Nizuma Eiji himself. Hattori yelled out not to try to win against Nizuma, BUT TO WIN NO MATTER WHAT.

The episode begins with the duo meeting up with Hattori in front of the train station. They're being treated to dinner since they're now running in the magazine. Apparently it's a tradition in the magazine.
Anyway, they're having a feast and then it goes back to work - forming a battle plan against Niizuma. They're starting to go through each panel one by one until the discussion derails to serialisation. Hattori thinks it'd be best of they don't get serialised for another three years, but Mashiro isn't too happy about that. Hattori agrees to talk about it again once they've beaten Niizuma, thus they return to talking about the Name.
Meanwhile Miyoshi and Miho are having dinner at a burger joint and we find out that Miho will be moving soon. Miyoshi tells Tagaki about it and convinces him to convince Tagaki about asking Miho out on a date. It doesn't work too well and Miyoshi and Tagaki end up being in a shouting match. Miyoshi leaves in a huff and Mashiro becomes troubled about Miho leaving.
He does manage to turn that depression into motivation though. The next morning also sees Miyoshi and Mashiro apologizing to each other and the world is alright again.
A bit later their Name gets okayed and they start on their manuscript - or they would, if Miyoshi didn't want a date with Takagi. So the two leave early while Mashiro starts working hard. Unbeknownst to him the two start their plan to get Miho and her betrothed to spent more time together.
After their graduation ceremony the guys and girls are going their separate way home. Mashiro feels sad about Miho having already left and Takagi puts the master plan into motion: He tells him that Miyoshi is delaying Miho. While her methods are not really creative they are effective and Mashiro soon reaches them. Miyoshi runs away and the two are alone together.
The situation is as awkward as ever, but one thing comes out of it: Miho says she'll wait for Mashiro forever.

*yawns*

When Bakuman goes to the manga part, it is very interesting, when Bakuman goes to the romance part, it is very yawn worthy. Takagi and Kaya pairing is fun and enjoyable. I like their interactions a lot. When they switch to Mashiro and Azuki, i just felt like sleeping especially with the OHH SO FORCED DORAMA. It doesn't help when their relationship is based on that kind of situation. Well, just hoping they don't focus on Mashiro and Azuki and focus on other characters especially Hattori and Nizuma as i feel they have the potential to be awesome characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha