Any Word About A 3rd Season Of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya?

Leggy

Veteran Member
Elite Member
Oct 17, 2012
I just finished watching the series, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and movie, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.

It's one of the weirdest series I have enjoyed!

I was wondering if anyone has heard if there is a third season planned? The original anime was very popular, and there must be more material available from the light novels.

Hmm im hoping for one too... havent finished the ln yet but it seems like theres quite a bit to read and the manga hasnt been moving much... I think the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya was to see if there was enough fans who would be interested in another season or something?

I watch the anime, and read the novel. the story is interesting, but third season is too much i think.

The last episode didn't feel like a season ender. There's so much room for more.

I can understand some folks being turned off by the 8 episode Endless Eight arc. Three episodes would have been more than enough. But other than that, the show is fast paced, and a fun roller coaster ride!

Hmm yes... endless 8 was quite the pain to get through... maybe if there was something very different for every episode...

I really loved the Haruhi series and would love to see a season 3, but I heard a bunch of different rumors saying it won't happen because the movie was apparently a replacement for season 3; I just hope those are only rumors. Losing Aya Hirano (Haruhi's voice actor) didn't help as well unless she somehow gets to play Haruhi again~ I can't even imagine someone else doing her voice. :(

There have been rumors of 3rd season for more than a year now but Kadokawa (the company that published the LNs) declared that there is currently no intention of making 3rd season.

Also Gotou Yuuko (Mikuru's VA) is in no condition to do any work due to SLE...Changing VAs for not one but two of the main roles would cause pretty big backlash I'd assume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks
Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?