Anime or Visual Novels?

Anime Version or Visual Novel?

• Total voters

shitotaku

Sora's True Love
Elite Member
Nov 26, 2010
I've seen a lot of VN to Anime adaption lately and was wondering which do you prefer? the Anime version or the Visual Novel version?

vn ver > anime ver

rare instances of animes being better, cause of budget failures and cour limits

yeah, i did saw that sometimes moving characters has more meaning than seen on text. i do remember the H version of princess lover at it was way better then the VN >.<

i thought the h ova sucked... the ova made teppei more like a rapist
the play was more fun

VN...mainly because i get to enjoy the story more. i can enjoy the other routes as well.

Most VN adaptions suffered adaption decay. Yes, i want to believe that there will be no adaption decay but.......

There are exceptions like YnS and shuffle. YnS anime actually improves on Nao and Sora's arc which imo is very boring (well the original content/source in YnS VN isn't that good either, I won't go into that to avoid haters bashing or sound like a VN elitist fag www). I will point out that the anime actually make Nao less hateful compare to the Nao in the game. They also add spice by making Sora a bit obsessive in a good trainwrecky way lol instead of boring me to death in Sora's arc in the game.

PS: The anime actually has more H in the game.

Don't mention Chaos;head and 11eyes anime, they never existed.

I prefer anime honestly. I just can't get into VNs because they are just too long and drawn out in my opinion. Anime on the other hand is short and to the point and it's easy to follow whereas VNs just bore me.

It's decide on who based on who, IMO.

If the anime is based on VN, then I would vote for VN.
If it was the other way around, then I vote for anime, UNLESS the VN version is a continuum from the anime.

yea.. Visual Novel > Anime..
i dont like coward/whimp protagonis, and VN can avoid that..
but sometimes anime ver- better than VN cuz very simple to understand [ like the humour or drama ]. you know... some time the protagonis in VN are not voiced.
and VN based on anime [like ore no imouto /tora dora etc]... sometime they made it out of story!! dropped on half way :3

Last edited:
VN's more fun reading. It has moral too (well some of them has) and it sorta grows on you. the deeper you got into the story the more exciting it becomes.

Depends Actually,some are better at anime ver. or VN ver.
but since i enjoyed more VN ver. than Anime ver. so i pick VN
guess it's all because i didn't enjoy how they adapt or choose the route i didn't like. and in VN i can turned it into something more to our like~

even killing the Main Protagonist =))

Last edited:
VN, being able to imagine elements is much more immersive, like the actions to go with the voice, or the scenery. But then I totally immerse myself in what I read most times, and I know imagination is difficult concept for a lot of people nowadays :p And anyhow, VNs are more varied, the doujin ones especially aren't really trying to "make money" persay as opposed to getting recognized it seems.

I personally think that the anime version is a simpler way to get something delivered. It hooks the brain faster, but on the other hand, VN hooks our memories better. And most of the VN I've been through are better in all quality, plot and visual aspects. However, I rarely get the chance to download many VN since it's a lot more troublesome with the mirrors and packages... so yeah that's a crucial minus for me.

I find visual novels more entertaining. Not to mention, I like knowing the protagonist's inner thoughts. In addition, most vn has multiple routes which is a plus. H scenes are not necessary though, but they're great as a bonus. At least that's how I see it.

VNs are more detailed and they have many routes unlike animes, which have one ending that might be a bad one. ><

visual novels tend to have more plot but when converted to anime versions, they tend to be condensed into, lets say, 12 episodes, resulting in a poor plot and make the overall story suck.. most VNs go through this and end up in disappointment although there are rare cases of the anime being better, if not as good as the VN version

visual novels tend to have more plot but when converted to anime versions, they tend to be condensed into, lets say, 12 episodes, resulting in a poor plot and make the overall story suck.. most VNs go through this and end up in disappointment although there are rare cases of the anime being better, if not as good as the VN version

Yeah that's true!!

I prefer watching anime because it takes less time, but I agree that anime adaptations of visual novel are often too condensed.
Fate Stay Night is an example, the visual novel is far better than the anime, but I don't have enough time to play through all the novels I like.

Of course, I would have to say Visual Novels because it's more interactive than anime. Well, anime isn't exactly interactive.

Having watched only anime, its the only option I can pick.

I like visual novels for the original plots animation adaptations to see how the crew envisaged that situation if it were to occur. Though I spend more time enjoying Visual Novels for the story than H scenes. YnS is a good example where the anime was pretty good in the areas where the visual novel may have lacked in the audience perspective.

With that said, there are some good and bad adaptations and edited ones for the general audience.
Fortune Arterial anime adaption does not involve Koihei(sp?) having his stomach to spine pieced within a second or less by Erika's mother. That's how supposed to be in the visual novel but in the Anime, I don't remember a scene animated for that purpose.

EDIT: Couldn't remember the code for spoilers in this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi I looking for axl vocal collection cd for a long time. would you reupload these 3 files?
tekitonine wrote on Shine's profile.
nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02
tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.