Anime size limit. (What are you the maximal limit at a anime episode?)

nanashi1

One of countless souls...
Elite Member
Jul 5, 2012
Well, if you not know, what I with 'Anime size limit' mean, then let me please explain:

Well, you know sure that between fan-subber ([FFF] and [HorribleSubs] like) very big the difference be can, where you sure angry are how big can a episode size... A perfect explanation is [Hiryuu] and [FFF]: I wanted before some /few weeks the second ep. from Hyakka ryouran-samurai bride at [Hiryuu] downloading, what I sudden noticed have, that this ep. about 602 MB big was... I was shocked to first, because that are almost 2 episodes at another subber - Where I then rather to [FFF] gone am (where around 350 MB was) , well yeah with the knowledge/risk that this not on my phone convert can.

Well, I'm now interested from you, what your episode-limit is, and what you about that think.

:goodtea:~>​

Since I have unlimited internet out of my own pocket, I don't really care much about the size. I don't watch them on the phone so I don't have to convert it. Besides, if you want to watch them on the phone or some tablet just grab the mp4 reencodes by DeadFish, NemDigger or whatever the group name is. Alas, I only collect the BD releases for my anime. If I want to watch TV releases, I'll just grab the one that came out first, regardless of quality.

What matter is whether our computers can play the video properly or not. Aside from that I have no complain.

Nanashi1, no offense but it seems that your English just got worse, even if that is a result of Google TL. Just join an English class and learn proper English already will you? Even I learn english from playing Playstation too much back then when I just a brat.

I don't really care. Except in this situation: i don't want to wait to watch new EP, in that case i'll choose the minimum size i found but atleast 720p version. :)

i dont really think i care about size. i choose with my gut feeling! >:3

But you must understand, that you a HDD-eater anime episodes not want, right...? Because a 400-er MB big video file is for me only a HDD-eater, 350-er MB should enough be.

And my dear [MENTION=14547]Bay K.W. Arde[/MENTION];, I set my words always after logical sense, it is not my problem that you my sentence not understand can, maybe have you it... Anyway I won't a war with you to start, because that would meaningless be, okay...?

Last edited:
Kara no Kyoukai ep 5 1080p from [ANE] - 20.8GB :D

i really dont look at file size.

Depends what I want it for. If I am just grabbing some 720p anime to put on my tablet, then I go for Commie which is usually in the 250-350 range.

If I am getting 1080p anime from the BD, then I expect each episode to be around a gig. Much less than that and they probably chose too low bitrate in their ripe, and too much more than that and they did a sloppy job encoding.

Well, I care of course also on quality (at least 720p), but I want not about 400 MB/ep. waste.

But if you have all episodes around 400mb, then there won't be much difference from 720 to 1080... You need more space for the clearer picture. :)

But if you have all episodes around 400mb, then there won't be much difference from 720 to 1080... You need more space for the clearer picture. :)
But anyway, I don't like it... That is how at between malls: The "price" difference.

i don't relay care about the size :) the quality is my first priority,,,

i don't relay care about the size :) the quality is my first priority,,,

Yeah I am largely the same. At the moment, I have plenty of HD space (1.5 TB free right now), and HDs are still pretty cheap. I don't intentionally go for huge things though, and I don't dl in 1080p all that often because of my connection (it takes a lot longer).

Well, I can me still remember as I at that time the 6 mini-OVAs of Ikkitousen* downloaded have, was each about 200 MB, at only/just 3 min. playtime. Well, that is a bit too much for such playtime.

When it is only 3min long, I don't care much at all about quality XD

The size doesn't matter to me at all :goodtea:
I just pick whichever quality is good. I prefer 720p.

So yea, there's no limit for me as my torrents download really fast.
Depending on your download speeds, I can understand why some people look at the file size first.

Biggest problem is my upload speed actually. I like to be a good seeder, but then I can't download that much or I'd never catch up again!

Personally I do my own quality checks on each episodes I download. So it comes down to the following things I care about:
- Quality of the Encode
- Quality of the Translations (that favors my taste and understanding)
- Quality of the Sounds (Audio)
- File Type

Other than that, file size is consider irreverent unless I noticed that it is out of proposition. As in, the quality is fine at 600 MB but it was encoded to 2 GB. I have seen a few TS file and I can somewhat understand why it's that size but there's little reason a 25 minute episode needs to be 2 GTB in size.

I don't got much Internet Bandwidth at the moment so i go with the smallest size with still good quality. Normally to get both of these you don't go strait to fansub groups. I can sometimes find a good encoder that will have episodes at 100~mb and have quality of many of the 300-400mb ones. :D.

Well, but animes in the 100 MB category to find where still good quality have, is very rare, where I rather to 300 MB category take/grab...

Well, but animes in the 100 MB category to find where still good quality have, is very rare, where I rather to 300 MB category take/grab...

Actually I agree on that thought process. There was a time where I was introduced to trade one series for another series back in my old days. I traded off a high quality series that had a file size of 300 to 400 MB which is more than decent and was given 100 or less MB quality files size. I didn't judge the video until I opened it and noticed it was ridiculous, degradable quality which could send animation artist to despair. So from that point onwards, I told the person who recommended me that if they have the name of the animation, I'll get it myself and rather than continue the trade.

Other than that experience, there is very few animation I've seen that actually fell in that range due to the nature of the animation. Which is fine in my opinion. Just as long it's not too blurry and glitched with squares, then it's all good.

Other than that experience, there is very few animation I've seen that actually fell in that range due to the nature of the animation. Which is fine in my opinion. Just as long it's not too blurry and glitched with squares, then it's all good.
The first: Sorry, but I had on my notifications wall no your QUOTE/report get.
The second: Well yeah, it is always a stuff with the quality and file size, and yeah I had too/also the same experience made how you, that self at the 300-400 MB category somehow weird look with the visual presence, but unfortunately are this times done, where fan-subs still with the avi. or mp4-video formats shared have, what ~ 100-200MB had. So where no chance have for alternatve...

The first: Sorry, but I had on my notifications wall no your QUOTE/report get.

Err... I didn't understand what you said there but I may ask what do you mean by that?

But yeah, it does come down to that. And for some reason like you mentioned at the Opening post, these files are getting bigger and bigger in terms of releases. Makes you wonder what do they put in them.

Users who are viewing this thread