Anime Recommendations Needed

T-ELOS

久慈川 りせ
Elite Member
Jan 16, 2013
Hello ASF. Starting next month, I will be staying with my older brother in Texas (NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!) for at least a few months while I continue my school. The main reason I am going is because my brother and his wife have very demanding jobs, and need a bit of help to watch the house, and the kids (my niece and nephew) since they are gone the majority of the day. And they need some time for themselves to work some things out. Anyway, I agreed I would stay with them for a bit, and help out while they adjust to their new jobs etc. That being said, I know I will be bored out of my mind so I am asking if everyone can post their favorite anime's, or recommend some anime's for me to watch. I will have quite a bit of free time so just post whatever comes to mind I guess, don't really care about the genre, I will watch any anime at least once. Also if anyone knows some kid friendly anime's for my niece and nephew to watch with me (ages 9 and 7) I would appreciate that too. Thanks

Last edited:
An important consideration is whether your niece and/or nephew will end up watching any of it with you. Are they of reading age (subtitles?) If so, some child friendly anime might be a good idea to have on hand.

For child friendly, I recommend PreCure (Pretty Cure.) Each season is 48-50 episodes long, so there's plenty of viewing. Fresh Pretty Cure, HeartCatch PreCure and DokiDoki PreCure are good seasons to start with.

Also child friendly are Gingitsune, Non Non Biyori, and One Week Friends.

If they won't be watching, just you, some decent current shows are Akame ga Kill, Rail Wars, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha, Sabagebu, Sword Art Online II, and Tokyo Ghoul.

Older shows are Blade & Soul, Yuushibu, Chobits, Kill la Kill, and The Vision of Escaflowne.

There's many others, that's just a quick list.

An important consideration is whether your niece and/or nephew will end up watching any of it with you. Are they of reading age (subtitles?) If so, some child friendly anime might be a good idea to have on hand.

For child friendly, I recommend PreCure (Pretty Cure.) Each season is 48-50 episodes long, so there's plenty of viewing. Fresh Pretty Cure, HeartCatch PreCure and DokiDoki PreCure are good seasons to start with.

Also child friendly are Gingitsune, Non Non Biyori, and One Week Friends.

If they won't be watching, just you, some decent current shows are Akame ga Kill, Rail Wars, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha, Sabagebu, Sword Art Online II, and Tokyo Ghoul.

Older shows are Blade & Soul, Yuushibu, Chobits, Kill la Kill, and The Vision of Escaflowne.

There's many others, that's just a quick list.

Mostly will be watching by myself on my Laptop, but you can recommend child friendly anime as well. They both like Pokémon, and Yu-Gi-Oh! So I guess anything similar to that.

Are you looking for the anime to watch with children?
In that case, I recommend Log Horizon.
If they like baseball, Major may be good.
The story of the early stages is baseball of Japan, and the stage moves to MLB from the fourth season. But the time that is long to watch it will be necessary for you because there are 154 episodes.
Because both were works broadcasted with a Japanese education channel, you will be reliable even if children watch it.
Of course these must be interesting for adults. I agree, too.

Are you looking for the anime to watch with children?
In that case, I recommend Log Horizon.
If they like baseball, Major may be good.
The story of the early stages is baseball of Japan, and the stage moves to MLB from the fourth season. But the time that is long to watch it will be necessary for you because there are 154 episodes.
Because both were works broadcasted with a Japanese education channel, you will be reliable even if children watch it.
Of course these must be interesting for adults. I agree, too.

Thanks, that sounds like something my nephew would watch.

And both, anime for me to watch, and anime to watch with my niece and nephew (ages 9 and 7)

Do you have like a MyAnimeList or something?
It would be nice to know what you've already watched.

Hello ASF. Starting next month, I will be staying with my older brother in Texas (NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!) for at least a few months while I continue my school. The main reason I am going is because my brother and his wife have very demanding jobs, and need a bit of help to watch the house, and the kids (my niece and nephew) since they are gone the majority of the day. And they need some time for themselves to work some things out. Anyway, I agreed I would stay with them for a bit, and help out while they adjust to their new jobs etc. That being said, I know I will be bored out of my mind so I am asking if everyone can post their favorite anime's, or recommend some anime's for me to watch. I will have quite a bit of free time so just post whatever comes to mind I guess, don't really care about the genre, I will watch any anime at least once. Also if anyone knows some kid friendly anime's for my niece and nephew to watch with me (ages 9 and 7) I would appreciate that too. Thanks

As first what I've to you say is: You're a nice oncle/bro!!!

2nd: Well, to topic - For kibs would I e.g. K-ON! (plus the second season), and what already Leg mentioned has, Yugioh! (but rather the currently seasons are for kids oriented - as/than at the original: where they a bit too darkly are...), Monster Rancher - at them will at me childhood memories awake: really recommendable for boys and girls, and etc. etc. etc.

Well, to you then - Well, how I you know: are you lover of classic animes, but I'll avoid, because the list'd then tooooo long be, where then actually series, okay? Check the anime-chart-threads of me or from Anayo-chan's summer-chart thread - There can you sure some awesome animes for you pick out: from winter- until right now summer-season... - From now I can only say: Enjoy the anime-time with your niece and nephew...:goodtea:

dunno whether you already watched any of these..

Psycho-pass (some dystopia stuff), major (baseball), code geass (mecha), gundam 00 (mecha), darker than black (, maybe justice league, if you want something english

kiddie friendly.. mmh.. hanamaru kindergarten, ichigo mashimaro, usagi drop. maybe take a look at natsume yuujinchou. they are all kinda slice of life.. definitely watch digimon s1 lol

I see you're watching PapaKiki. That's a fun series, isn't it!

You check my MyAnimeList for the stuff I've seen. If there's a title that interests you, I can tell you what it's like and if it's child friendly too ^^
And very kind of you to offer them for ypu to help them =)

I can recommend Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai, Nichijou, K-On, Gochuumon wa usagi desu ka?, Kobato, Minami-ke seasons and Natsume Yuujinchou seasons =)
There are many more though.

As for yourself, evrything I scored 8 or higher :3

I suggest:
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka
Kin Iro Mosaic
Non Non Biyori
GJ-bu
Lucky Star
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

uiu1610432 wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,UFO.
Is there any criteria for making requests?
I want to see the recent work 'フェルン フリーレン 02' by Gentleman910
Khroad Law Professional Corporation is a multi-service law firm located in Brampton. We provide legal services in Family Law, Real Estate Law, Immigration Law, Corporate Law, Wills & Estate, and Civil Litigation.
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092