Anime recommendation with cool/bad ass protagonist:>

okee

mebner
Sep 2, 2013
like the title said...could anyone recommend me animes with a cool/bad ass protag?

i'm getting tired with all weak, sissy, indecisive main character that many anime have nowadays

they don't have to be overpowered,,but at least calm, cool and a little funny maybe^^

It'd help to restrict your criteria to one genre, but I think Shiroe from Log Horizon fits. Kirito from SAO might even count.

Izayoi from Mondaiji definitely fits.

Reactions: okee
@ MoodWhiplash: thanks! i have watched SAO and yes, maybe close to kirito figure...mondaiji and log

horizon right?...i'll check out this two

Fair warning: Shiroe is badass not because he fights physically, but because he fights mentally. Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

If you're into older shows, I'd recommend FMP, FMA, Darker Than Black, and Arms Alchemy / Busou Renkin

berserk, Trigun, GunxSword....quite oldies but still good to watch^^,,ohh and don't forget onizuka

Depending one what genres you are looking for, I would also say Katsuragi Keima from The World God Only Knows is a good fit.

In the Ongoing Series, here's some with cool, badass protagonists:

Kill La Kill
Strike the Blood
Unbreakable Machine-Doll

Afro Samurai. The most bad ass samurai I've seen.

Samurai Champloo. Pretty bad ass protags.

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJO
Especially arc2, Joseph please (around 10th episode)

Kazuma from Kaze no Stigma is pretty chill, laid back and "bad ass", but that anime is getting old-ish and I'm pretty sure you've seen it already.

I'm sure I could think of several others but when I read the title, he's the first one that came to mind.

The protagonist of the Fist of the North Star certainly qualifies as overpowered, but he's the definition of bad ass in post apocalyptia.. And then there's Jojo!

Also, I don't really want to nitpick, but it's really hard to be calm and funny at the same time, unless its a manzai. Thinking about it, love comedies usually has this type of protagonist. These guys are not flawless, mind you but they don't reek of fear either. Examples include Togashi Yuuta from chuuni and Hasegawa Kodaka from haganai. I call it the role of the lone boat of sanity in a sea of madness..

Isn't it common to overlook certain 'badass' characters just because they aren't the protagonist?

Reactions: efudgewayne
Re: 0

The protagonist of the Fist of the North Star certainly qualifies as overpowered, but he's the definition of bad ass in post apocalyptia.. And then there's Jojo!

Also, I don't really want to nitpick, but it's really hard to be calm and funny at the same time, unless its a manzai. Thinking about it, love comedies usually has this type of protagonist. These guys are not flawless, mind you but they don't reek of fear either. Examples include Togashi Yuuta from chuuni and Hasegawa Kodaka from haganai. I call it the role of the lone boat of sanity in a sea of madness..

Isn't it common to overlook certain 'badass' characters just because they aren't the protagonist?

Like Accelerator from To Aru Majustu no Index.

Alright, I think most people covered a lot of it. Here's my list:
- Utawarerumono [The Main Character is a serious bad ass to the end. You'll know why once you get there]
- Tears to Tiara [Lucifer is helping Humans, Elves and Dragons to beat Angels and their followers]
- Sword Art Online [I'm going to make you hate me to save the other beta testers from harm due to misinformation]
- Shakugan no Shana [Watch Yuuji become Zero to Bad Ass Boss against Shana in three seasons]
- Rurouni Kenshin [Learn how bad ass this guy history is.]
- Psycho-Pass [From start to end. The main character tries to save her unrequited love from committing a fatal crime]
- Persona 3 [Movie, watch it]
- Orphen [Pretty good for a old animation]
- Nurarihyon no Mago [Demons + Gangsters + Kid that transform = Bad Ass]
- Mondai-Ji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? [Main guy character is OP badass]
- Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai [Similar to SAO and you can't get any better than that]
- Blast of Tempest [Another Shakesphere mix between Tempest and Hamlet. Both main guy characters are pretty cool in their own way]
- Guilty Crown [Ultimate journey from wimp to king to bad ass tyrant to ultimate martyr to save the world bad ass]
- Blade [You like the movie? Watch the animation]
- Blue Exorcist aka Ao no Exorcist [Seriously watch it. Rin is a delinquent who tries to become a future paladin]
- Brave10 [Bad Ass sword wielding Great Sword in Japan.]
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion [Ultimate intelligent bad ass that changes the world. "If you kill, be prepared to be killed in return"]
- Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai [Perverted Bad Ass]
- Death Note [Justice Diary Killing Bad Ass]
- Mirai Nikki [Wimp to Bad Ass in 24 episodes]
- D.Gray-man [Pretty cool. Character with Bad Ass combat]
- Fate/Zero [This Kiristugu is super bad ass Mage Killer. A lot of combat in between relevant phases of fillers]
- Hagure Yuusha no Estetica [Bad Ass hero]
- Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou [Bad Ass Demon King who wants to be a High Priest]
-

To reiterate names with the intention of emphasizing the point:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventures 2012
Psycho-Pass
Code Geass.

Some recommendations:

Black lagoon (all both seasons and plus the OVA) : Revy and her people of Roanapur-city are really bad ass.

Hellsing (plus the OVA-collections) : Alucard the bad ass vampire how in a picture book stands.

Burst Angel (plus the OVA) : Jo, the also the "Angel of hell" called - Her name is then program.

Revy is indeed badass. Shame the show does nothing special.

Also +1 to Kiritsugu (Fate Zero).

And -1 to Mirai Nikki, Guilty Crown, SAO, Shakugan no Shana, Blue Exorcist and Machine Doll. Deus Ex hot-headed bakas.

To name a few...

- Kenshin Himura (Rurouni Kenshin)
- Afro (Afro Samurai)
- Dante (Devil May Cry) Anime
- Toua Tokuchi (One Outs)
- Kenshiro (Fist Of The North Star)
- Shiki Ryogi (Kara no Kyokai)

Fate zero, I think. Kiritsugu's dark personality makes the story take a different turn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks
Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?