Terumi

~Pyon Pyon~
Elite Member
Nov 3, 2010
Φ Brain: Kami no Puzzle​

phi-brain.jpeg

Daimon Kaito is a high school boy, who loves puzzles. One day, the president of the student council gives him a mobile device and it leads him to an underground ruin buried in the school. He challenges an "insolvable puzzle" hidden in the ruin with his girlfriend Nonoha, but the puzzle turns out to be the dangerous "The Puzzle of Sage" created by the black society "POG". He manages to solve the puzzle but it's the beginning of a puzzle battle against POG.

OP:

ED:

Was wondering anyone else watching this yet another original Sunrise series? I like how they deal with brain-straining puzzles, reluctant protaganist (again) and all, but series have been enjoyable so far. Some of the gags were a great laugh, especially Kaito and Nonoha's interactions. I like hearing Kaito's seiyuu, for some of memorable roles for me were from SYD and Crow from Yu-Gi-Oh! 5'Ds, whose decks have pratically added a new side to the game world. Great to hear Shimizu Kaori in a lead role too, been loving to hear her voice since Signum from the Nanoha era. I like the ED a lot too, OP was kinda bad, especially from May'n.

The first episode seemed interesting - I hadn't had time to watch any more than that.

:3

I think if everyone can look past the 'puzzle-of-the-week' theme for now, the show may turn out entertaining, and good for those who may wanna work their brains to solve what Sunrise came out with.

Funny to hear Fukuyama Jun in a loud-brash gangster type character, he's pretty much a comedy source.

I would still say this theme is very fresh and nice, but the character design is severly lacking. Same to the jokes too.. Will be interesting to continue watching if the pace becomes faster and less dramatic and irritating characters.

Sunrise surprisingly is going 2 cours with this, I would rather have them do that do Sacred Seven which concluded in 1 cour.

It's first ever anime that I actually dropped after just watching first episode (and that's saying a lot considering I'm still following Chihayafuru, anime about Karuta...).
Felt like waste of resources to me.

Its not all bad, but yes, I agree partially on the resources part. This may have been good if for 1 cour, slightly more than half of budget can be put into better chara design and all.

S1 was a complete disaster, I take back all I say.

S2's OP is way better than Brain Diver, Nonoha looks better with her hair down please. Sunrise bursting budgets with the top VA hires.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha