How Would You Buy "Adult Goods (eroge, daki, etc) from Japan?

MFrost

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2015
Just as the topic says, I wanted to buy a couple things that Amazon and another site list as "Adult Goods" from Japan, but the middleman I got in touch with said that he won't purchase it, and I haven't even really come across anything/anyone else that can. I know Tenso is an option, but the other site is a mail-order goods site that only listed bank transfer as an option.

Honestly if a (trusted) person here were able to do it for me I'd enlist them as a middleman for this one time ordeal lol. It's weird that paypal wasn't an option though, it's always an option when buying online...

So if any of y'all know how to go about this, please let me know and thanks!

Reactions: dnceridderterre
I'm trying to work that one out myself... I purchased some once from a company that specialized in Japanese import games, but they won't do it anymore and referred me to their partner. Hopefully that partner will write me back tomorrow and I'll let you know what they say! If they say no, I'm going to start looking for proxy buying services... Come to think of it, I wonder if I might actually be able to find the games on Taobao and go through a Taobao agent... it would be really round about, but could be cheaper in the end.

Anyway, no matter what I'll get back to you tomorrow with some findings.

If you find anything, please let me know!

I'm trying to work that one out myself... I purchased some once from a company that specialized in Japanese import games, but they won't do it anymore and referred me to their partner. Hopefully that partner will write me back tomorrow and I'll let you know what they say! If they say no, I'm going to start looking for proxy buying services... Come to think of it, I wonder if I might actually be able to find the games on Taobao and go through a Taobao agent... it would be really round about, but could be cheaper in the end.

Anyway, no matter what I'll get back to you tomorrow with some findings.

If you find anything, please let me know!

As for now Paletweb (many years ago) was the only one that sold directly Visual Novels and Eroge out in the wild, but they closed around 2013, who knows if somehow they took it down due to selling this stuff internationally... Who knows what happened.

I myself have been using middlemen/foward services for many years, not bothering to purchase anything from J-LIST, given that they don't have the stuff that I am looking for (old stuff, that means no matter what I need to use fowarding services on my side).

So my conclusión is... Fowarding services would be one of the 1st options, but be ready to pay its cost (service fees) + international shipping.
But hey, at least is not imposible to purchase them! We're lucky enough to have that.

-rockleevk

As for now Paletweb (many years ago) was the only one that sold directly Visual Novels and Eroge out in the wild, but they closed around 2013, who knows if somehow they took it down due to selling this stuff internationally... Who knows what happened.

I myself have been using middlemen/foward services for many years, not bothering to purchase anything from J-LIST, given that they don't have the stuff that I am looking for (old stuff, that means no matter what I need to use fowarding services on my side).

So my conclusión is... Fowarding services would be one of the 1st options, but be ready to pay its cost (service fees) + international shipping.
But hey, at least is not imposible to purchase them! We're lucky enough to have that.

-rockleevk

Yeah, but since they consider it "adult goods" the middleman I use won't even purchase it, so idk. I just have to find one that doesn't care.
also, check your pm

Sorry I hadn't written back earlier. I finally heard back from Otona-Sekai on the 12th and they said they would look for the items for me, but I haven't heard from them since... so I'm not too happy with the service thus far.

But then I haven't been very pushy either. If I had pushed them a little, maybe they would work faster.

Then again, I had an idea... I used to frequently import things from Taobao through Taobao agents, because even with the costs and shipping, there are a looooot of high quality things you can get from China through the site. I looked up a few games on there and you CAN actually find R18 games on the site for instance:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...464&pvid=cc5ce5b7-d9fd-444e-8979-7d76ca97af6f

You can search best by using the Japanese characters, but you have to be really careful about the description since the auto-translations are very awkward.

A LOT of games get translated to Chinese from Japanese, so you also have to make sure you're getting a Japanese version if you are looking for one.

Mostly it seems to be a good place to look for older R18 titles as far as I've seen, but I haven't looked around all that much.

-----------

I also recently found DMM R-18 where it seems like you can buy and download some R-18 games? Not so many of the big popular games, but there are some good ones on there. I haven't made a purchase yet though, so I'm not completely certain if it works alright. If I make a purchase soon, which I hope to have time to, I'll post again. If anyone else knows about it, please share your experience or knowledge.

http://dlsoft.dmm.co.jp/en/

I get all the weeb related including lewd from a friend in japan, considering delivery to me cost piss cheap and is 450 enn for 2kilo (ikr) It is delish.
For you, find forwarding company in your country, preferable decent one so they can deal with the taxing o nthe goods what you importing. I have smth like this when order stuff from 'MURIKA.

OLe6uw.png

I live in Japan now but for buying stuff to overseas I used to use a middle man and buy and send it there.

For eroge, it won't be "new" when it arrives anyways so for second hand I find that trader's online shop has about the price of the shops in Akiba. It's prices are including VAT and free domestic shipping.

For goods like tapestries and dakkis, you could buy from yahoo oku. Barely any sellers ship internationally so, here it's also necessary with forwarder. Kind of needs Japanese knowledge since you'll have to communicate with the seller.

Forwarding services is the bad end of it. I've just used tenso, they certainly took time from the box dropped in to they dispatched it. Also you can't pay directly in yen but shipping+handling has to be paid in your destination country's currency inducing a hefty exchange fee. :@ Also they don't provide small rolled item shipping (good price for shipping tapestries since they don't weight much and they don't fit normal small package size). At least it seems they don't care about what you ship as long as it's parcels.

I use Amazon.jp and I haven't yet found a single item that I would want and was not in their selection. With it I use Tenso of course to forward my purchaes to where I live. If you haven't used the japanese version of Amazon yet, I highly recommend it, since it would expand your capabilities to purchase stuff from Japan using Tenso. If the interface looks intimidating due to lack of Japanese skills, there is multitude of videos on youtube and internet how to browse the site and purchase.

If looking for onaholes, OtonaJP is one of the cheapest to date.
For daki, HobbyExpress may be one of the cheapest stores.
DLSite and R18 sell digital stuff.
J-List is very big and sell most things but are very expensive.

Last edited:
J-list seems to be a pretty trusted and popular site from what i'v seen, though i'v only really bought download only stuff from them, but they do have a lot of adult goods.

https://www.wakuwakumono.com/

I've been using WakuWaku, very legit service. Just send link to the product you want and provide country it needs to be shipped to and you will get a quote within 24hours. Used it for a few things and was pretty straight forward and fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3